Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Programs
Clarify Counseling's 4 Different DBT programs
After assessment, the therapists on the Consultation Team work together to decide whether a client could benefit from the standard Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Program or an adaptation of DBT. All the DBT programs include the following four components:
- individual therapy for the identified client
- skills training classes for the client (and parents of child & adolescent clients)
- skills coaching calls as needed between sessions
- support for the therapist & client from the Consultation Team (consisting of the Clarify Counseling & Three Springs DBT therapists), which meets weekly
Clarify Counseling DBT Programs
Standard DBT Program
Standard Dialectical Behavior Therapy is provided for adult clients with problems controlling their emotions & behaviors.
DBT for Adolescents
Recommended for teens and their families. Teens receive individual therapy and attend skills classes with their parents in a multi-family class.
Radically Open DBT
A major adaptation of standard DBT created to treat problems of over-control such as chronic depression, anorexia nervosa, and other personality disorders.
Education for Family / Significant Others
Periodically, classes for family members and significant others of individuals in Clarify’s Standard DBT Program are offered. This 4-part series of classes is designed to help families understand how to work more effectively with their family member in treatment. Therapy and specific guidance about a particular client’s case is not provided during these sessions.
Topics covered include:
- the biosocial theory of problem development & maintenance
- crisis survival strategies
- simple principles of behavior management
- the importance of balancing the acceptance of reality with the need for change
We also offer this education as needed one-on-one with clients’ family members and significant others when the classes are not currently available or support is needed for clients in the Radically-Open DBT Program. In order to protect the therapist-client relationship, this one-on-one education is provided by a therapist on the team who is not seeing the client for individual therapy.
Meet Our Therapists
Clarify Counseling’s DBT Therapists have received intensive DBT training by Behavioral Tech, LLC, the organization founded by Dr. Marsha Linehan to provide the official DBT training.